High Tack Fish Glue
Surface may be coated by roller coat, knife coat or brush coat.
1. As an additive to adhesive formulations in the manufacture of remoistenable gummed paper packaging tapes.
2. Wood gluing when long open times are needed for assembly operations.
3. Paper bonding of heavy grade box board in packaging.
4. Bonding of manila paper for identification tag manufacturing.
5. As a water based leather finish.
6. Any application where it is desirable to supply an adhesive coated surface which is to be re-activated much later by simple water remoistening.
1. High initial tack when first coated or when remoistening the dry adhesive film.
2. Slow setting for wood bonding applications when open times are desirable.
3. Good solvent resistance.
4. Excellent heat resistance.
5. Easily thinned and cleaned up with water.
An organic fish glue with high initial tackiness. Once coated and allowed to dry, High Tack Fish Glue has excellent remoistening properties. This allows for easy re-activation of adhesive by water at a later time for bonding. High Tack Fish Glue has good solvent and heat resistance but poor water resistance.
Cold Bonding - While adhesive films are still wet materials should be bonded and maintained under pressure until adhesive sets. Suggested clamping time for wood, 12 hours.
Re-activation - Surfaces coated with High Tack Fish Glue and allowed to dry may be readily re-activated by a light coat of water. The remoistened surface develops immediate tack and may be bonded to many surfaces including steel, glass and wood.
Adhesive Additive - Gummed paper tape - It is recommended that 10% be added to the basic adhesive formulation to obtain maximum tack retention and cold water remoistening properties. A 5% addition would be a minimum recommendation.
Leather Finishing - High Tack Fish Glue has very high leather pigment suspending power, good gloss and excellent heat resistance. A small addition to leather finishing solutions, depending on the formulation, is all that is required.
Thinning - water
Clean up - water
Available in 1 quart bottles -12 per case, 1 gallon pails - 4 per case, 5 gallon pails and drums.
[Click Here To View MSDS Information]
Home - Adhesives - Fiber Optics - Fish Gel - Distributors - About - Trade Shows - Employments